Cambridge singing teacher, Julia Caddick teaches classical singing up to Conservatoire entry level (bel canto method) and Musical Theatre singing up to professional level (Estill). Her aim is to give all her students a solid technique from which to improve their sound and enjoy their singing. Julia loves to enable each student to discover their own individual voice.
Students of all ages from 14 upwards are welcome. If you are a professional performer, Julia can offer audition preparation and one-off ‘top up’ lessons, as well as on-going lessons to help you develop your singing technique.
Julia is a fully qualified teacher with 30 years teaching experience, 20 of those as a singing teacher. Julia is a highly effective teacher, as evidenced by the singing achievements of the students she has taught. (see Former Singing Students’ Success below).
Several of Julia’s former singing students have careers in opera, professional choral singing, and musical theatre. Three of Julia’s former singing students are currently studying Singing Performance at Conservatoires in the UK. Many of Julia’s students have gained choral scholarships at Oxford, Cambridge and King’s College, London, and one former student was an X Factor finalist! Many more enjoy their singing for pleasure.
Visit the Testimonials page to find out what adult students think of their experience with Julia.
Vocal coaching and mentoring
Julia also provides mentoring and professional development support for other musicians who work with singers, including choral conductors and singing teachers. Please visit the Coaching page.
Contact Julia to enquire about Cambridge voice lessons, coaching or singing workshops.
Former singing students’ recent successes
- 2017: Lizzi Franklin appearing in ‘Carousel’ at English National Opera
- 2017: Rhys Whitfield (baritone) Olivier Award winner for Best Musical Revival with ‘Jesus Christ, Superstar’
- 2016: Rhys Whitfield (baritone) appeared in the West End production of ‘Close to you’ in the Criterion Theatre
- 2016: Alex Elford (soprano) offered a place to study Musical Theatre at Chichester
- 2016: Ben Shilperoort (baritone) offered a place to study post graduate Singing Performance at the Royal College of Music
- 2015: Ben Thapa (tenor) – most recently Don Jose in ‘Carmen’ (Opera up Close); Opera Gala with Lesley Garrett; Tenor soloist in Mozart’s C minor Mass with the London Mozart Players, St John’s Smith Square. 2016: Performing as part of G4 2016 UK tour
- 2015: Harry Morrison (actor/tenor) – played John Hinckley in ‘Assassins’ – Sondheim, Menier Chocolate Factory
- 2015: Ben Hymas (tenor) offered a place to study Post Graduate Singing Performance at the Royal College of Music (alongside his successful choral career with Stile Antico)
- 2014: Harry Morrison (actor/tenor) – played Nicely Nicely Johnson in ‘Guys & Dolls’, Chichester Festival Theatre
- 2014: Sian Shannon-Sinclair (mezzo-soprano) offered a place to study on the Acting and Musical Theatre courses at Central School of Speech and Drama
- 2013: Lizzi Franklin (dancer/actor/soprano) played Tantomile in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ‘Cats’ UK tour
- 2013: Juliette Koch (soprano) offered a place to study singing at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance
- 2012: Susannah Bedford (mezzo-soprano) awarded a Scholarship to study singing at the Royal Scottish Conservatoire
- 2012: Rhys Whitfield (actor/baritone) awarded Bursary to Guildford School of Acting to study musical theatre
- 2011: Matt Jolly (tenor) awarded a Bursary to Guildford School of Acting to study musical theatre
- 2008: Leanne Jones (actor/soprano) awarded Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her role as Tracy Turnblad in ‘Hairspray’